INFORMATION/REQUIREMENTS FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS APPLYING FOR ADMISSION
AS STUDENTS FOR DEGREE COURSES at ST. PAUL UNIVERSITY MANILA
ELIGIBILITY: Eligible to apply as FRESHMEN are students graduated from high schools abroad who have not previously
enrolled in any college.
A. The following may be accomplished BEFORE coming to the Philippines
1. Send Application Letter addressed to the Admissions Officer of St. Paul University Manila or download Application Form at SPU Manila website at
2. Prepare the following:
2.1 Personal History Statement duly signed with 2x2 photo. Form downloadable at
2.2 Scholastic Records authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate located in the student’s country of
origin or legal residence
2.3 Photo-copy of data page of passport showing photo, date & place of birth, date of issue & expiry
2.4 Birth certificate or its equivalent authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate located in the country
of origin or residence.
2.5 Medical Health Certificate with life size chest X-ray and laboratory reports.
2.6 Proof of adequate financial support to cover expenses for the student’s accommodation, subsistence, school dues and other incidental expenses.
2.7 Police Clearance Certificate issued by the National Police Authorities of the student’s country of origin or legal residence authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate located in the student’s country of origin or legal residence. (For someone who has resided in the Philippines for more than 59 days, an NBI -National Bureau of Investigation clearance is also required.)
2.8 Two letters of recommendation from Principal, Adviser, Counselor or any official from school graduated
(Forms available at the Admissions Office; or downloaded from
3. Recommended for applicants coming from non-English speaking countries: Take English Test – TOEFL, IELTS or TOIEC. If none of the above English tests have been taken previously, the student applicant takes the English Diagnostic Test at St. Paul University Manila to determine his/her English proficiency level and need for supplementary English Lessons before enrolment).
B. Upon arrival in the Philippines
1. Go to the Admission’s Office, St. Paul University Manila, 680 Pedro Gil. St. Malate, Manila; fill out/submit
Application Form, secure entrance examination slip (pay the entrance examination fee at the Finance Office).
2. Take Entrance Examination.
For those coming from non-English speaking countries, present result of TOEFL, TOIEC or IELTS previously
taken; if none, take the SPUM English diagnostic test (see A-2 above).
3. Upon qualification and a personal interview by the Admission Officer, submit copies of documents (A:2.1,3,4 and 8 above); get Permit to Enroll; pay the necessary reservation fee at the Finance Office, secure health clearance from the University Clinic where you submit documents A:2.5 above.
4. Return to Admissions Office for interview with the VP for Student Services, get NOTICE OF ACCEPTANCE.
5. Proceed to the Registrar. Present NOA, submit copies of documents A: 1-7 above; secure LETTER OF
ENDORSEMENT for the conversion of status to student, signed by the Registrar on the school’s official
stationery and stamped with the school’s official dry seal.
Apply for STUDENT VISA and ACR-I card (Alien Certification of Residence). (St. Paul U Manila Int’l. Student
Office will assist foreign students to submit and process their papers at the Department of Foreign Affairs).
C. To apply for STUDENT VISA and ACR- I card, the following are required:
1. Two copies of accomplished Visa Application Forms with 2x2 photograph
2. Passport valid for at least six (6 months) beyond the date of stay in the Philippines
3. NOTICE OF ACCEPTANCE and LETTER OF ENDORSEMENT from Philippine School/University
4. Original copies of Documents No- A: 2:1- 7 above.
5. Fees: for Visa and ACR-I card
To finally enroll at St Paul:
Note: STUDENT VISA and ACR-I card are required for enrolment. Pending their final release, submit Xerox copy of BID receipt to show that the papers are already being processed. Upon release of the two documents, present the original and submit Xerox copies to the Registrar.
Only upon presentation of the two documents may student be officially enrolled.
SPUManila Fees (Tuition, Miscellaneous & other fees) are the same as those charged Filipino students which vary depending upon the course of choice). A foreign student Fee of $300 is charged upon first enrolment and $50 per semester thereafter.